View Single Post
Old 08-07-19, 03:11   #1
PGunnii
Hobbyist

Lightbulb Tomb Raider: The perfect horror game

I'm not sure your guys' take on self-advertising, but I just wanted to let you guys on this forum know how absolutely instrumental this website was on making this project I'm about to share with you. While I've never posted, I've lurked here for roughly a year.

I spent nearly a year on this video discussing the secret and often forgotten genius behind the original Tomb Raider. One of the hardest challenges behind this project was finding tools to rip the original meshes and textures from TR; searches always led me to Tomb Raider Forums. This is one of the most inspiring communities I've ever seen - you guys are still supporting custom, fan-made levels - I didn't even know such a community existed. The persistence I've seen on this site was amazing, to say the least.

I owe the talented users of this website the world for developing tools (some very old, some very new) that led to the creation of this video. Specifically, Turbo Pascal and Popov created TRviewer, the room viewer, and an invaluable tool that converted geometry to Metaseqouia.

This video is for you guys.

Last edited by PGunnii; 08-07-19 at 12:08.
PGunnii is offline   Reply With Quote