View Single Post
Old 15-06-19, 18:32   #86
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Raider View Post
I don't know if you meant for this to come off as back handed, but it definitely does, lol.

“aww, the classic fans can have the little low budget games, they make them in the corner over there with the scraps and left overs, it’s so cute.”

You shouldn’t have to relegate the source material to spin offs and low budget titles, while an entirely new IP gets to come in and take over the brand name, that’s so ridiculous.

It’s always bugged me that this idea of classic TR only being allowed to exist in spin off titles and the LC series has become normal on here. It’s not normal for a developer to make a new IP and slap an already existing franchises name on it and then relegate what that franchise used to be to low budget arcade spin off titles.
I get where you’re coming from, but frankly, this mentality frustrates me a little. It comes off to me as a spoiled brat which will throw a fit if something isn’t their way.

“You want a cookie? Okay, here you go”
“But... it’s a fudge striped cookie, not a Chips Ahoy!”

Of course, I’m not saying this is how people act about it, but I do feel like this state-of-mind comes off as a bit entitled. You want this one thing and the person gives it to you, but since it isn’t exactly like what you wanted it, down to a T, you get peeved off. Obviously, I think the main games do seriously need to come closer and closer to the source material, but I feel that will only ever happen so much.

In a spin-off, they can eat their heart out and make the game older fans have wanted for so long.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote