View Single Post
Old 04-10-15, 21:39   #6
Saint Sophie

Am I allowed to vote on my own poll? Anyway:

1. Temple of Xian
Goes without saying really, I'd have to award the greatest level in Tomb Raider 2 title to quite possibly the greatest level in TR classics history. When I first played it, I hated its guts. But now I've really come to appreciate what a beautiful, twisted and brutal level it is. That ambient track... whoa. I love it I love it I love it

2. Wreck of the Maria Doria
This level is one of my biggest memories of playing TR2. It's also one of several levels in TR classics that scares the crap out of me. It's not that anything really scary happens, it's just I always had that strange feeling of 'being watched' while playing this level and it drips (quite literally) with atmosphere and isolation and to cap it all, you're in an upside down ship! How cool is that!

3. Barkhang Monastery
It reminds me of St Francis Folly but on a much bigger scale; you know, retrieving objects through puzzles, except with the added feature of actually having allies for the first time in a TR game. Plus the level is so beautiful aesthetically.

I'll agree, this was a hard pick. I was torn between Floating Islands and Barkhang Monastery but FI is pretty similar to Xian in a lot of ways.

Last edited by Saint Sophie; 09-10-15 at 16:33.
Saint Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote