View Single Post
Old 16-07-19, 19:14   #359
paulojr_mam

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhons0529 View Post
Yep, pretty much. With LAU we could work in much more easy manner to still make it satisfactory to classic fans since it still had much more common ground. The current era has strayed in such a way that it would be much more problematic to do whilst keeping everyone happy.
Its quite the predicament actually.
Yes! The divide might have started during LAU, but now the devs have made it extreme. Adjustments could have made LAU what they wanted, which is "TR but more modern". They could've made a TR in that vein that was a perfect bridge between old and new. Now the divide is so big, because the games are so different, that it's impossible to perfectly bridge that. And that is why a bridge between old and new now would be one where everyone gives up something they love so that everyone can like the same game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
I disagree with this assessment. If anything, LAU was more in line with having a lesser pretense of trying to make something new and fresh. I think LAU was amazing, but it was too safe, and constrainted to having a similar way of the classics (even if it's a simplified one in gameplay). Reboot has actual hard work and attention put into it. They've made their own vision of the franchise, and took a big risk in doing so. Not every reboot can gloat about that kind of success
That is not the pretense I was referring to. I was talking about the pretense of trying to make a game that fits within this franchise.
paulojr_mam is offline   Reply With Quote