View Single Post
Old 09-09-19, 14:01   #9
Tonyrobinson

Outfit:

I've thought about this and I'd like to see Lara's outfit from Shadow be adapted for the screen, not her main default but the one she wore during the opening scenes with the brown button up shirt and cargo trousers. I think it will be very flattering on her. In terms of hairstyle I don't really have a preference but I'd like to see the ponytail or braid. Nothing too drastically different.

Obviously if she's in a winter environment then something appropriate there too, Lara should dress appropriate depending on her situation.

Weapons:

Dual pistols, they're part of the iconography moreso than the braid or backpack. I'd love them to make a comeback and it makes sense giving the ending of the first film.

Locations:

I would prefer a Mayan location like Shadow but I want a more tropical climate for the jungle scenes if they include any, I'll also take Egypt or Greece, something really ancient with great mythology.

I wouldn't mind a snowy setting if they wanted to do Rise and it would make a striking different appearance on screen, or if they wanted to explore ancient England and the gothic architecture of it then I would also be open to that, something more visually interesting than the surroundings of the first film.

Character:

Lara, Lu Ren, Winston and perhaps another supporting female because the first film was criticised for the lack of female interaction.

Enemies:

Ana. I want her to be the sole enemy, we've never had a female antagonist in a Tomb Raider movie so let her be the main big bad and not have any other males take that away from her. I want a layered relationship between her and Lara, when you have two of the worlds greatest dramatic actresses in your movie you need to utilise their talents. Walton Goggins was a great actor that got wasted in the first film.

Plot:

Keep the story simple, good action, survival elements, have Lara kick ass, some sort of supernatural element and a macguffin. If they are adapting the games I'd prefer Shadow over Rise, partly because elements from Rise were included in the first film and I think the Mayan setting would be more interesting.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 09-09-19 at 14:02.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote