View Single Post
Old 10-07-19, 15:25   #10
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox45 View Post
100% They started off a little cringey and snarky in the first season then really started to hit their stride. I usually guage the start of the fall around the time Mike arrived on the scene.
It's a gradual thing I think. It actually starts quite early for Joey (probably around season 5ish), with the over-reliance on the "haha Joey is unbelievably dumb!!!" gags. Which is disappointing, because I loved Joey's character earlier on and I have a major love of "how you doin?" Anyway, then it's like the rest of the characters gradually follow, by having their individual little quirks overplayed to hell. But yeah by the time Mike shows up it has pretty much gone to **** for me. I could really do without the last couple of seasons. I find them watchable enough if I just want something on the TV in the background, but they really pale in comparison to the earlier seasons.

Quote:
But apparently in the early days David and Jennifer were offered a bigger paycheck than the others (because of their higher popularity) which they turned down so there was no resentment among the cast. Massive respect to them for that as that decision probably delayed its fall by years.
Yeah I did hear about that, I thought that was really cool of them and definitely would have saved some conflict. Considering all 6 do get more or less the same screen time it's only fair really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
Season 5 of X-Men: The Animated Series really sucked.
I can't remember which episode was in which season They seemed to show them in any random order on Fox Kids, even when I watched them as kid.

(Millennials will remember Fox Kids, haha)

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 10-07-19 at 15:45.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote