View Single Post
Old 09-11-19, 14:28   #597
AkyV

As I said, I can't start a reloading animation from a weapon ANIM object:
- but it would be good, so it can be started whatever Lara's main animation is,
- but it would be bad, because Lara can start it any times, even eg. being upside down when jumping aside, which is naturally irrealistic.

So I placed the reloading animation as a LARA object animation.
So now Lara needs specific main animations to start it, which must be something that is not irrealistic like that jumping aside. So naturally it should be same idle animations, like idle standing or crouching (or idle floating for the harpoon gun). As we discussed it is some extra game experience, because the player first needs to hide for idle mode to reload, during the shooting action, amongst enemies.
But there is still a problem, you need to live with it if you try this setup: different base animations means different reloading animations to be made even for one weapon, for example:

- Sixshooter base animation in idle standing (Anim103) + sixshooter reload animation in idle standing.
- Sixshooter base animation in idle crouching + sixshooter reload animation in idle crouching.

The setup lets you have three different reloading animations per weapon at the same time. It should be enough.

But it works!

There were one more issue I needed to fix:
Casual arm weapon-holding position were forced when Lara was performing the reloading animation, so the reloading animation wasn't seeable.
I could solve it:

"Lara. Hands. Attached Lara Status (Short)" Savegame Memory Zone field values:

0: empty hands or holding a flare
4: holding a weapon, a torch, igniting/throwing a torch, igniting with a torch, picking up (last moves) the torch

So I simply need to force 0 here when the reloading animation starts, restoring 4 after the animation.
AkyV is online now   Reply With Quote