View Single Post
Old 18-06-21, 16:38   #20
EliParker
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELIMTBF View Post

Hmm, interesting thought! The first thing that comes to mind though is, if we have to do these mental gymnastics to make it fit, then it's not great writing.

I'm not sure it solves the problem though. He'd still have to hypnotise them while they were on the island. Unless... he hypnotised them separately afterwards, gave them an artefact each and made them think they took it. But then he'd have to have gone to the island himself, got the artefacts, then done all that. Doesn't seem to fill in the gaps, but cool idea though.

This also brings up another qualm. In the comics, Lara seems to not know about Trinity. Despite having some very up close and personal dealings with them, and learning that they considered recruiting her. So they don't tie together, especially with that hitman guy wanting her to take over from him.

I don't know which was written first but I don't think they read the others' existing work, or maybe they weren't meant to be strictly in the same canon.
There is going to be a lot of mental gymnastics, especially when it comes to tying in with Shadow. The comics follow much better with these theories. I personally created a short word doc with all these mental gymnastics written out. Sadly most people here didn't care about my posts.
EliParker is offline   Reply With Quote