View Single Post
Old 20-06-16, 18:17   #1926
vvsgh
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikiloco View Post
the source code using was plain "C" language
Not exactly correct. It never was plain C. It was C++ mixed with C99.

Quote:
if code is switched from plain "C" to object oriented C++.
I'd say from old C++ to C++11, eliminating C99.

Quote:
TeslaRus was not comfortable with the idea but he have to accept the switch cos majority say c++ would be great.
That's not exactly true either. TeslaRus never publicly admitted that he is against the idea. Also, there was no consensus, but it was him who actually pushed the button.

Quote:
However since then, seem these new guys have not done much in the main branch with the improved C++ code.
I don't think there were too many "new" guys present. Also, it's unfair to say that only TeslaRus contributed new code. The audio code and Lua scripts were contributed by Lwmte. The new shader graphics were contributed by Cochrane. And the camera was contributed by Gh0stBlade.

But it's true that no new development happened in the main since then.

Quote:
TeslaRus opted to continue his main work in another branch with the original plain "C" source wich is the languaje he is comfortable to code
As I already said, it wasn't C. And it is even more abstract C++ in TeslaRus branch. But it's true that he is not comfortable with some object oriented C++ features.

Quote:
and cos he is the main developer the master branch looks abandoned now.
He is doing a lot of geometry and physics code development. And there is no substitute to that.

Also, I should add that most conflict was about breaking the build system and making it very difficult to build the project on non-Linux platforms.

Last edited by vvsgh; 20-06-16 at 18:35.
vvsgh is offline   Reply With Quote