View Single Post
Old 22-05-19, 18:48   #1719
Zebra
Legend

Hm, so on the one hand, I do not believe that pledging to a Kickstarter campaign is the same thing as pre-ordering an item at a regular retail store or "buying a product". You should go into it knowing that you might never get anything out of it or that your rewards might show up late or be different from what you were expecting. That's just the nature of crowdfunding. That being said, Nathan's attitude has, at times, been rather inappropriate. Sure, he's not a businessman or a PR person by trade and I don't think anyone expects him to always talk like one but it does seem like basic common sense not to get snappish and rude with your own backers. Not to mention that not responding to individual emails/messages anymore is just highly problematic. Now, if people have actual problems with their shipments, there's no way to get in touch with Nathan (or is there some place where he is still replying?). And sure, I can understand that getting lots of negative or hateful messages, comments, etc. can become stressful or grating but there has to be a solution to deal with that that does not negatively affect the large number of backers who aren't behaving that way. Oh and don't even get me started on the whole cluster**** that was the San Francisco Composer Buffet Reception being delayed after people had already booked their flights, hotels, etc. That didn't even affect me personally but it still pisses me off to this day. I don't care if this is your first crowdfunding campaign, that sort of **** just shouldn't happen.