View Single Post
Old 27-01-20, 13:07   #16
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Launcelot View Post
The worst is how they unbalanced all the weapons to make it acceptable from a kale-chomping feminist perspective.

The assault rifle ought to really knock out any solarii with a shot or 3, but it seems to have all the power of a boy's rusty 22 rifle firing black-powder shorts, while having the kick of a BAR.

By contrast, the bow is just a killer. It nails everything. And, magically, the arrows do not drop from gravity - there is no trajectory curve at all. Anyone who has fired a bow IRL can tell you how it takes skill to drop those arrows onto target even at short ranges, because the arrows drop so fast.

Lara's axe was/is great for brain-bashing melee combat, but she should have dropped the bow as soon as she got a rifle.
Honestly even despite that, I still used the Rifle more since I didn't have to draw the string back.

And once you get upgrades, the rifle does everything the bow does better, Sure the bow can get helmet piercing arrows but I can also fire two rifle rounds rapidly quicker than a single arrow.

And it's not exactly like Rifle ammo is even half as rare as it was in Tomb Raider 2 nor is the rifle bad for mobility unlike Tomb raider 2 and the combat in 2013 has no mobility anyway.