View Single Post
Old 28-01-20, 04:37   #19
Sir Launcelot
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Don't the grenades still detonate on impact? I don't recall them bouncing, then again I also direct-fired them onto people so maybe they bounce if they don't hit anyone.

I could honestly control the rifle easily even with it's exaggerated kick and once I got upgrades I got lots of headshots, not because I'm particually good, the AI just pops up/down from the same spots and the generous zoom when aiming makes headshots great even for people like me who like sniping but roughly 70 precent of their sniper shots in TF2 are body-shots/misses.

By the time enemies had helmets I had enough recoil reduction attachments it was a non-issue, click, wait a split-second, click again for a kill, let go of mouse so I don't die, rinse repeat.
RE: The grenades, they blow up on impact IF they hit certain surfaces, like the multi-colored metal patchwork surfaces, like the doorway you blow up just after getting the grenade launcher, but otherwise they bounce around. I know this because for the last couple of days I have been playing the funner parts of TR2013 from Shantytown on. And they bounce. Which is really annoying, because the Solarii can get out of their way, if you try indirect fire with grenades at them.

And yeah, the rifle gets better towards the end of the game - it's good in the big battle with the Oni, and yes, you can do headshots with it - but it ought to be a superb close to middle range melee weapon too, like when you nail somebody at point blank range with the shotgun - if you use the rifle it should kill the same way, BAM-BAM-BAM!, but with less recoil - but it doesn't.

Another thing with the bow is, Lara shoots all those ropes with it, but would a rope anchored with her arrow actually hold her weight? I don't think so. IRL she'd hop onto the rope, slide a bit and then, "AAAAIIIIIH! *sob*" as she plunges into the depths below.