View Single Post
Old 01-02-20, 06:00   #91
Ward Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
That’s one of my biggest gripes with AoD, tbh. The only way to make a proper running jump is to turn away from the ledge, press the roll and forward buttons simultaneously and finally press jump. Not a solution, just a work-around.
Hmm... I played AOD on PC with keyboard-only controls (I set the controls up to be like the classic controls) and I didn't think twice about doing running jumps that way I thought I could hop back a full square from the edge like the classics though, but I can't remember for sure (I guess I need to play AOD again sometime soon ). I did play AOD once on PS2 though and the controls were definitely harder.

Quote:
*PTSD intensifies* Ugh, should I also create a TRIII UNappreciation thread? All those traps and complex level design... >.<
If you want to I definitely agree about the random deaths. I played on PC with save-anywhere and I found the trial-and-error aspect frustrating. If I had played on PS1 with the save crystals, I never would have finished the game. I do love the atmosphere and general design of the India and South Pacific levels though, so I'm glad I played on PC and was able to finish it.

Quote:
Banana-jumps are ridiculous, tbh. And so are timed things like doors and all.
Yes, so much! I didn't like them in the classics (although I found them manageable with some practice), but some of the custom levels take it to the extreme! I don't remember banana-jumps ever actually being required in TR1-5 (although they made for good shortcuts), and the timed sections were annoying but doable, but I've unfortunately met some custom levels that I just could not beat due to one particular jump, or one particular timed run

Last edited by Ward Dragon; 01-02-20 at 06:02.
Ward Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote