View Single Post
Old 03-07-19, 21:16   #42
GFY2013
Archaeologist

Progress report, if someone is interested

So after one year, TRA runs perfectly on the emulator right now. No stutters, no lags. Like for real. Even shader compiling is really, really fast. The only one problem I noticed if the resolution is too high the emu will just close at picking up objects or when performing a headshot. I recorded a video, but unfortunately it got messed up somehow, and I don't understand how, I recorded 20 mins for nothing Anyway, I'll record more of course, and will post it here later. Some screenshots, 1080p, game was rendered at 1440p though. (99% of these were from the corrupted video)

Regarding the other 2 games of the Trilogy: By far, Legend is the most frustrating one: it has areas where the framerate dips to like 15ish, and sometimes when shaders are done compiling, textures wont appear, there will be just pure black textures instead. This can be solved by reloading, which is optional ofc. But some new areas look pure black.
Underworld has an average framerate of around 25fps, and sometimes lower, but there is no issue of black textures like Legend.

My RPCS3 settings:

if you're on Ryzen but not on W10 1903 enable thread scheduler!!! (not needed for Intel)

RPCS3 v0.0.6-8329-ad10eb39 Alpha | HEAD | Firmware version: 4.81
AMD Ryzen 5 1600X Six-Core Processor | 12 Threads | 15.95 GiB RAM | AVX+

Last edited by GFY2013; 03-07-19 at 21:26.
GFY2013 is offline   Reply With Quote