View Single Post
Old 19-08-19, 15:35   #23
OrangeJuice
Archaeologist

^ thank you jsoto that's way too kind actually lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Fly View Post
What engine are you using to develop it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
can you tell as something about what you're using to make this happen? is this based in unity or UE?
i did consider using unity to work on this but i ended up picking game maker studio 1.4 since i'm actually quite comfortable with it as i've been using it for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamichi680 View Post
Good job so far, I'm looking forward to seeing more screenshots from Louvre and Hall of Seasons.
Are you planning to add some sort of 2.5D effect (multiple background layers scrolling at different speed)?
thank youu! i was really looking forward to your opinion. more screens coming soon.
also the game is built on layers yeah but i haven't thought of implementing scrolling backgrounds so far. there's layers of visual effects (such as lights, fog, rain as you can see in the screens) that are drawn on a closer layer than lara is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
So are you using recorded animations then...what ever they did for stuff like Driv3r GBA with the actual animations? curious how you did it since the game's normally locked to Lara's back.
i resorted to nakamichi680's animations exporter tool to rip all the characters+enemies animations from the game and then i imported them in maya where i "recorded" them with a side view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klona View Post
That's awesome! Are you considering including the deleted locations and using some of the known points to fill out plot holes?
i don't think im gonna include the deleted locations as i wouldn't have any assets/solid material for them. i am expanding and fixing the dialogues though and i plan on "streamlining" the plot a bit (which doesn't mean im gonna dumb it down).

might pin some of these q's and a's in the op later.