Thread: Ask Eric
View Single Post
Old 12-01-09, 17:16   #509
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

Oh my god, I must have literally logged off last night just as Eric posted this and missed it all.

Eric, what can I say that everyone else hasn't already said? So so sorry about what's happened. You sound so lovely and thoughtful... I wish none of you had lost your jobs and I hope the very best for you. You sound like someone who deserves something good to turn up out of all this.

I have a few questions that I'd love to have answered...
  • How do the Crystal Dynamics team feel about the old TR games really? Do they like them or do they dismiss them, as we sometimes feel they do?
  • Does anyone on team ever argue for a more old-style TR approach to game design (like us fans do all the time on here)?
  • Are the team fed up with designing TR games yet?
  • Who is the stated market that the team are designing TR games for? Is it something like male casual gamers, age 12 - 22?
  • How are the fans seen by the team really? A thorn in their side?
  • Why are the games made so short these days?
  • What do the team consider to be the essentials of a TR game? Is it just Lara Croft adventures in tombs, or is there more to it?
  • Who makes the final decisions on what direction the TR games take?
  • Realistically, when are we likely to see TR9? And will they be radically changing the gamestyle, or will it be more of the same?

If you can answer any of them, I'd be grateful although I expect your fingers are a bit worn out at this stage.

*sigh* I feel quite sad that you're one of the 30.