View Single Post
Old 26-09-16, 00:21   #1
Matie

Arrow The Beauty of TR2013

Hello everyone

I'm not even sure how to call this, it's kind of an experimental thread for a screenshot diary of some sort (so beware, it's going to be image heavy!)

Introduction
I've always admired the art and scenery of Tomb Raider (2013), so I decided to replay the game and revisit these beautiful locations with a handy tool that gives me more freedom for taking screenshots. I can also visit some parts of the scenery that aren't normally reachable, for example, the Sun Queen statue in Mountain Village: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=767220405

And why not share it with you? - I thought. I guess it would be more fun that way, so if you have any requests, I'll take notes and try to discover and take screenshots of the area for you.

Limitations
There are limitations too, unfortunately, for example, when the game takes the controls away from the player, I cannot control the camera either, I can only zoom. It also happens when Lara simply walks and the camera is controlled to give a cinematic feel. I can't rotate the camera either, so as much as I want to take vertical screenshots, it's not possible.

I'm playing in 1920x1080, almost full settings.

Technical background
I'm using Yamatai Patch for altering the camera position, freezing Lara's pose, zooming in and out, etc.
To avoid overloading the thread with images, I only post a few on here and put the rest in a gallery. I tried to think of a good place to store all the images, but...
  • my Imgur is overloaded, I have lots of albums on it and if I want to be able to find anything on it at all, I can only have one album for the images I post here - plus it's changed the interface and not for the better and... too much trouble, in short
  • I've been thinking of Flickr, however I'm not really familiar with it and I don't like it that much for some reason
  • Photobucket? Nooooo. Just no.
I decided to put them in a gallery I'm more familiar with instead to make sure I can arrange the images the way I like and the quality doesn't suffer. (If there are any problems with this, please let me know!) You can view the full sized images there with Right click - Open image on new tab or by clicking the expand button.

Goal
I'll challenge myself to take as interesting screenshots as possible and share my experience and thoughts about the game as I go. You will be able to view the images in full HD. My progression is going to be slow, I stop nearly every corner to find good places to take pictures of.

The Image Diary
01 - Intro | post | full gallery
02 - Coastal Forest | post | full gallery
03 - Mountain Temple | post | full gallery
04 - Mountain Village | post | full gallery
05 - Base Approach | post | full gallery
06 - Cliffside Village | post | full gallery
[more coming soon]

Thanks for reading! If you have any questions, suggestions, ideas or want to share or discuss your experience about the game, feel free to do so, as long as it stays on-topic (as in: revisiting the game).

Last edited by Matie; 27-04-17 at 21:27.
Matie is offline   Reply With Quote