View Single Post
Old 07-01-16, 20:01   #130
FreakRaider

Because everyone is asking for a demo and why I don't release anything for you to play, is basically because there IS nothing to play!
EVERY little thing I have to set up, the right delay before she jumps, all the decisions that can be done through that, all the mathematics going on there etc. Just a small turning around whilst running animation would make the Unreal Engine 4 gameplay, which every game of the Unreal Engine has, so much more fluid and good looking, but to do that you have to be one hell of a maths type, which I am not.

Believe me, things are NOT easy with the Unreal Engine. Basic things like jumping are covered, but things like Ledge Detection or so would take ME for ever to make! If I would not have TR-Freak I wouldn't even have made it to where I am now. For your information, I am very young (and yes my early join date was already cleared) and very unexperienced in such things. I go to school until 18:30 every day and have much better things to do when I get home.

Oh and let me add to this, the running around is horribly unsmooth. And I do not find a way to fix this. I seriously don't. These things will take time, and there will be no demo unless ALL of Lara's move are COMPLETELY finished.

Regards
FreakRaider is offline   Reply With Quote