View Single Post
Old 03-04-19, 05:40   #1000
XNAaraL

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
so i've been trying to work with the gmx tool but as soon as i start my gmxtool -e command on the cmp the application seems to crash?
Quote:
GMTool.exe - Application Error
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.
could it be incompatible with win10? i tried running it in compatibility mode, but that doesn't cut it.
I do not have the GMXtool, so I can't reproduce this issue.
By enter "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application." in Goggle, I get
--> https://www.easeus.com/backup-recove...correctly.html
Maybe that helps.
My 2cents about
Quote:
Method 3. Update .NET framework
In most cases, it's Microsoft .NET framework causing the issues. You can download the latest version of .NET Framework from Microsoft.
is that this statement is wrong in roots. If GMXtool (or any other app) is a .NET application, then you do not need the "newest" version of .NET Framework You will needs the "right" version of .NET Framework, the version with which the app was compiled. .NET is not backwards compatible!

BTW:
Why you do not use the "Tomb Raider - The Angel of Darkness GMX Unpacker (unGMX.EXE)" by Nakamichi680 ?
Quote:
The aim of this tool is to replace GMXtool progressively. At the moment it supports exporting files.
The main advantage of unGMX over GMXtool is that it exports files with their original names and with the right extensions. No more hashes, now you can immediately understand what a file does from its name.
XNAaraL is offline   Reply With Quote