View Single Post
Old 05-08-20, 22:56   #7
jajay119

Having replayed Palace Midas in TR1 yesterday I am really conflicted by it. the challenge rooms were so much better done in TRA and I think it was one of the rare moments you could see the original rooms in them. However so much was cut that it feels like a very weird space - it in no way feels like an actual palace. I've always felt the layout of levels was bizarre in both games (Why does St Francis Folly, where the Scion was meant to be, lead to a colosseum?) I think some of the side rooms should have been included to show it was an ancient space that has eroded in time - even if they carried over some of the collapsed door ways to show the palace had more to it you couldn't get to.

I liked that you enter the palace directly from the colosseum this time but I feel you could have entered through the cut gardens, seen some of the aqueduct and then entered the Palace itself with some collapsed halls and finally the main room as it is which would have helped protect the feeling of the original.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote