View Single Post
Old 06-08-21, 09:16   #316
Nemo20

I am of course aware that the old format is not compatible. Precisely because the TE and the new engine also support a lot of new things.
The whole thing with a StrPix alternative was and is also a wish of the level builders. Not one that should be implemented immediately, but that should be thought about.
I asked about this a few months ago. There came directly from a couple of level builders, you don't need what you want with it, etc.
You also have to think a little further. Unfortunately, WADMerger crashes very often
WadTool is a great tool, I would like to use it for all WADs, but unfortunately currently not possible because I also need strpix.

Of course, I am aware that not many
Are developers in the TE team. And primarily that
Engine takes precedence, which is what I also want. Since I am longingly waiting for it.

But you just can't ignore the fact that many of them don't know Meta, Maya, 3Ds Max, Blender and that's exactly what you shouldn't give a damn about.
I know a little about Meta myself. I recently worked with UV mapping for the first time. But rather bad than good. I can't cope with it, trying around after 5 hours. I think that's just a bit inflexible. For small things, strpix is ​​the better choice.

I think texturing in wadtool would be too much. In my opinion, a strpix alternative should be created as a stand-alone program.

But since there are few developers, this is of course just a wish at the moment.

I am of course aware that the developers do this for free, like us level builders. I do this for fun too. So are the developers. You want to provide us with great new programs. And I thank every developer for that, from the bottom of my heart.
Without the TE, I would not have started building in 2019. Because I had taken a break for a few years, or had stopped. Then “Die Basis” told me about the TE and through the TE I started building again and it's more fun than the last few years.

So once again many thanks to every developer for your great work and future work on the TE, Engine, wadtool, Soundtool and TombIDE, you are great.
Nemo20 is offline   Reply With Quote