View Single Post
Old 26-01-09, 18:33   #3
rr_carroll
Bug Scientist

Default Ending KV5 on foot

I discovered how today, but it's sleight of hand. Beat the guide to the green dune area, drive around the central point for a shortcut to the exit, and get out of the jeep a few seconds before the guide drives through the exit. If you position Lara correctly, the guide's jeep pushes you to the end of level! But then the FMV of jumping the jeep onto the ferry plays just fine.

Of course it would be faster just to drive out the exit yourself. But on foot, Lara can jump directly across the wall between the green dune area with the entrance and the one with the exit; it's at the left end. The guide waited for Lara just before the entrance, and I passed him and made it through the entrance first. If the guide also waits while Lara is on foot, it's possible you can do the level without the jeep. More research, but this is all pointless, of course.

BTW, I updated the first post with 4 pics that show the trigger squares, and a method for not using the Hand of Sirius (Burial Chambers).

Edit: IT WORKS!!! I got out of the jeep at the start of the level, ran to the left of the guide's jeep and then in front, and got a free push up the hill. He pulled away, but when I opened the gate, he was waiting at the top of the slope with the 3 rolling spike balls. He waited again before the entrance to the green dunes, and I entered right after, turned left and sprinted to a point where two standing jumps put Lara over the wall. I sprinted for the exit tunnel, stayed somewhat right, and the guide pushed me up the hill to the end of level. I lit a flare near the end, and that helped me stay in front of the jeep.

Just for fun. And to see what's possible.

Perhaps I should mention that I used a shortcut to open the gate: kill the assassin. Go to the right corner by the closed gate. Embed by jumping at a 45-degree angle, and do a turning corner bug while holding Action. Traverse left until Lara is stopped by the platform. Pull up and jump with a twist; release Action during the pull-up. Hold Right as soon as you jump. Lara will steer right in the air so you land on the platform.

Edit2: Stella & TRF walkthroughs say you can't get back out the KV5 gates for secrets if you beat the guide to them, and they close behind you. You can, but it requires an odd bug. Jump between the spiked balls so you are against the gate. Then simply jump straight in the air; as Lara comes down she will suddenly appear on the other side of the gate, and immediately start taking fire from the assassin you left alive.

Last edited by rr_carroll; 16-02-09 at 08:57.
rr_carroll is offline   Reply With Quote