View Single Post
Old 16-06-19, 01:14   #92
Daft Raider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
I get where you’re coming from, but frankly, this mentality frustrates me a little. It comes off to me as a spoiled brat which will throw a fit if something isn’t their way.

“You want a cookie? Okay, here you go”
“But... it’s a fudge striped cookie, not a Chips Ahoy!”

Of course, I’m not saying this is how people act about it, but I do feel like this state-of-mind comes off as a bit entitled. You want this one thing and the person gives it to you, but since it isn’t exactly like what you wanted it, down to a T, you get peeved off. Obviously, I think the main games do seriously need to come closer and closer to the source material, but I feel that will only ever happen so much.

In a spin-off, they can eat their heart out and make the game older fans have wanted for so long.
CD isn't giving me a cookie out of the goodness of their heart, they're developing a product to sell and make money.

Criticizing a product doesn't make me entitled. Me being pissed off when what I expect from a product is relegated to the back corner and treated like the red headed step sister doesn't make me entitled either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Cassidy View Post
I think it's pretty common actually. Pretty much every game or film these days has the name and a number of iconic features from a beloved old franchise while actually being a badly written creatively bankrupt piece of crap full of identity politics.

And as for the LC series: yeah it's not perfect, but beggars can't be choosers...
I'm not a beggar, I'm a paying customer, lol. So to me, it isn't good enough.

Last edited by Daft Raider; 16-06-19 at 01:19.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote