View Single Post
Old 02-07-19, 22:24   #298
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
Survivor just sounds like she has to put up with it, rather than seek and enjoy the thrill of adventure. Which is the whole point of Lara Croft as a character.
In TR'13, Lara is seeking adventure, but as a naive 21 year old, she is expecting to make this big historical discovery, not what turns out to be a living nightmare, surviving against the elements and these crazed cultist Solarii. So yeah, in that game she is more of a survivor than an adventurer. In Rise, though she chose to go looking for the Prophet and the Divine Source, I still feel like it's more out of some duty, t her dad and just to find proof, so it still seems less of an adventure. It's in Shadow that this changes. That game definitely feels like and adventure to me, even if Lara's motivation is not all about the fun of it all initially (must stop Trinity is her early mantra). But in moments when she's lightened up a bit, her enjoyment is beginning to shine through. I think she finally admits than in the end. But that's why it's all part of an origins story. The next game will probably show her going on an adventure just because she enjoys it. She's definitely not just surviving in Shadow.