View Single Post
Old 15-11-14, 00:53   #1013
Lwmte

As I promised, I have updated the source code and scripts to support global pushable flag setting; that is, you don't have to scan through all levels and manually write down pushable IDs. Nevertheless, you can set entity flag afterwards to block out certain pushable; however, I doubt it will be useful until OpenTomb evolves enough for custom level building.

For now, all you have to do is update source code and replace your scripts - and then, all pushables in all game versions should work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post
Did you make any progress with Lara's hair?
Well, I got basic principle of matrix transformation multiply from TeslaRus; it's simple in theory - you just multiply own rigid body's transformation matrix upon Lara's head transformation matrix, and you get the position for the root mesh of the hair. But it's not the thing that is actually stopping me from progress. What's more important is that in TR4-5, Core changed the way hair behaves - while in TR2-3 it looked more like a chain of rigid bodies (without rotational limits, so that's why hair meshes could go wild all by themselves), in TR4-5 they used a method which is more similar to modern age soft body dynamics. If you look closely, you will see that Lara's hair can stretch, "compress" and fall from the shoulder very "fluidly", and it's a sign that engine doesn't use constrained chain of meshes as a basis anymore; they used something more complicated.
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote