View Single Post
Old 11-04-20, 15:31   #26
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenapple968 View Post
Chronicles is my 5th favourite TR game out of the Tomb Raiders that I've played; I rate Chronicles above AOD, Legend, Anniversary and Underworld but I rate Chronicles below TR1, TR2, TR3 and Last Revelation.
Chronicles above Underworld and Legend: Good.
Chronicles under TRIII and TRII:

Quote:
I certainly don't worship Chronicles but I don't dislike it either. I used to have a much lower opinion of the game but then I started to like it more as I came to realise that my reasons for disliking the game weren't as valid as I initially thought.
You should though.
Quote:
1) I considered the gameplay to be poor and didn't enjoy the game much. The reason why I felt that way was because I thought lowly of the game when comparing it to the first 4 Tomb Raider games. However, by thinking about Chronicles as a game of its own, I realised that I liked the game more than I thought.
So Chronicles has a place deep in your heart. ^.^
Poor gameplay? At least you don’t get busted by goons at every corner (looking at you, TRII).
Quote:
2) I didn't consider the secrets to be rewarding. The secrets are just flowers which don't help you during the game; you don't gain healthpacks, weapons, ammo or anything like that which you did in the previous TR games. I do still feel this way, although the secrets in Legend don't appear to help you during the game and there might be other TR games where this is the case.
Collecting the secrets unlock concept art for Angel of Darkness. Plus, there’s a trailer for Angel of Darkness on the PS1 version.
Quote:
3) Collecting items didn't seem worthwhile since you would always lose everything at the end of each section. This is kind of annoying, but I suppose it does make sense since all the sections were years apart.
It made sense story-wise. That’s what matters. At least Lara doesn’t abnormally start the game with a shotgun (TRII) or finds a shotgun at the first two seconds of the game (TRIII).
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote