View Single Post
Old 23-09-19, 02:21   #1281
trfan16
Archaeologist

Not sure if anyone is following the new season, but the first episode of AHS 1984 premiered this past Wednesday. It looks like this will be a Slasher themed season that takes place in a summer camp during the summer of 1984, similar to Friday the 13th. One notable difference about this season is that series veterans Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters won't be part of the main cast. Not that I dislike either actor, but I'm looking forward to seeing new faces this season. Emma Roberts, Billie Lourd, Leslie Grossman, and Cody Fern are some returning cast members this season. I love Slasher horror films, and definitely looking forward to see the direction the new season takes. As well as how they treat the 80's theme this season.

I watched the first episode this evening - "Camp Redwood". My thoughts:

- Mr. Jingles is the name of the main killer of this season. The first episode already gives us backstory about his character and the crime that he committed at Camp Redwood. Something tells me though that there will be multiple killers this season though if they're already revealing this amount of details.

- I enjoy the 80's themes and references so far. Not quite on the same level as Stranger Things, but I did enjoy the design of the gym with the funky colors and neon signs.

- The main cast of characters look pretty good so far. No over-the-top or overly eccentric characters introduced yet aside from Activity's Director.

- There were a lot of Friday the 13th references in this episode aside from the obvious summer camp theme.

I give this episode an 8/10.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote