View Single Post
Old 24-01-20, 18:56   #37
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWANEX View Post
I must be the only one who has no problems with Shanty Town. It would be weird for it to be deserted so I don't know. I thought it was pretty fun. It's been a year or so since I played TR2013 so I might change my mind in the future but still. I also liked exploring the whole thing when I'm done with those bastards. I like the hub. But I also like Paititi so I'm clearly a minority here.
Speaking for me, but at least my problem with Shanty Town was that it was riddled with combat sequences where enemies would just constantly spam until you did a certain task. Yet most of the times there were too many enemies on screen to be able to do said task without dying in five seconds. It was too unbalanced. Besides, it was a hub that desperately needed a "enemies can lose track of you" SotTR-like stealth system.

But as a hub I agree, it was quite well designed (and so was Paititi, so I'm with you here ), and aside of combat, is actually well used, with big hub with actual story sequences happening on it that require exploration - what both RotTR and SotTR were unfortunately missing).