View Single Post
Old 22-05-19, 19:00   #9
Zsott

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
It was on Sky News just now that The Jeremy Kyle show has been permanently cancelled.

I read some of what went on, on the show in one of this morning's newspapers, participants were given a script by the producers of things they were to say and do and given an hour to learn it, other participants who turned up smartly dressed were told to change into a cheap looking tracksuit and told to shout louder than Jeremy.

The producers would continually harass potential participants over the phone or via Facebook until they agreed to take part and if they didn't want to do something that the producers wanted them to do, the producers would threaten to abandon them in Manchester and not pay for them to get back home.

The show is nothing more than a modern day colosseum pitting people against each other.
That is nothing new, I guess.
In hungary we had two show like this:
Monika show (a female's name)
Balazs (a man's name)

Both of them were pretty open about their stuff, also it was very well known, they paid a few bucks to random people on the street to act like an animal.
There are a lot of people whose life got destroyed because of these shows.
Or they just became murderers and thieves. (I'm not joking, mind you...)

As for Jeremy Kyle show, I've just red an article, the guest who committed suicide, he did it -supposedly- because he failed at the lying test. If that's true, I can't really feel sorry for him ; still someone lost a family member.
However that does not change the responsibility of the producers...but cancel it permanently, I think it's unnecessary. Stuff like this generates a lot of views for the channel... so they a) going to continue it, when the storm is over; or b) going restart it with a fresh look, new name etc.

Last edited by Zsott; 22-05-19 at 19:02.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote