View Single Post
Old 15-12-19, 12:07   #26
Stryke

No no no! The backpack is the same actually. This is one of the biggest gripes I have with Tomb Raider fans. They really don't understand the backpack. There is no way that's a new backpack. And it's not just a backpack. The only time you see it again in AOD is in the cutscene. And saying AOD is irrelevent is a stretch because it is still a classic made by the same studio who made the other classic. I think that's kinda unfair to write off AOD. The opening scene alone shows it's allegiance. You ever notice Lara's new backpack in AOD? How it actually doesn't have any buckles? No gold nor orange. Perfect for the new setting imo. People now like to make Lara with silver like Anniversary and that's wrong imo. And it is important to the original LC imo.

There doesn't have to be anyone watching him so he can fake it. In my opinion, he could still have been possessed. That's why she asked. And I think she grabbed the ledge with the other hand on purpose and didn't take his hand because she would have had her hand ripped off. I think they showed the staff with red eyes in the beginning of AOD on purpose to go back that story at the end of AOD. I also think there was some time between TR4 and AOD because Von Croy looks older to me. Maybe in between that time with all of his business clients he got that spirit fully removed. I'm just speculating of course.

I'm going off what was finally produced for the public and it was Von Croy no Jean-Yves. I think they had a problem with him in Chronicles, right?

And I believe I'm spot on with the TR1 reference. In every Tomb Raider they always refer to the first. They did it in TR2, TR3, TR4, and TR6.

Last edited by Stryke; 15-12-19 at 12:29.
Stryke is offline   Reply With Quote