View Single Post
Old 25-04-16, 11:11   #3013
Mad Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
lol So I'm not allowed to say I'm happy that she is mixed raced because it's racist against white people? Well I guess it's also racist again asians, blacks and so on...

I could also say "I'm happy she's in her 20's". Then there's the subtle implication that a older/younger companion would somehow be worse or inferior. So I would be ageist as well?

I think you're just diving into things a little too deeply just because her race was mentioned. Yes we should see people as people, but that doesn't mean Race is a forbidden topic to bring up when describing someone. You said it doesn't matter, so don't worry about it.
Look you can do what you want but I'm just tired of people caring about race. And presumably, you wouldn't care if the companion was Asian or whatever because it would still be "diverse".

As I said, age actually does affect the dynamic between the Doctor and the companion most of the time so in this context I don't think it's wrong to care about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jami393 View Post
Exactly. So this shows how diverse we've gotten.
Why do you care though? The new version of the show has never had a problem with "diversity".
Mad Tony is offline   Reply With Quote