View Single Post
Old 24-05-13, 15:46   #1
Peep Show
Relic Hunter

Default Uncharted (Series) | A Thief's End Coming 2016

Uncharted is a series of action-adventure/platforming/third-person shooter video games developed by Naughty Dog and published by Sony Computer Entertainment exclusively for the PlayStation 3 video game console. The series follows the adventures of modern-day treasure hunter Nathan "Nate" Drake as he travels around the world in search of mystical treasures. The series includes Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, its sequel Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, a motion comic prequel, Uncharted: Eye of Indra, as well as the two games, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, and Uncharted: Golden Abyss for Sony's PlayStation Vita. A film adaptation was also announced.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is the first game in the Uncharted series. Combining action-adventure and platforming elements with a third-person perspective, the game charts the journey of protagonist Nathan Drake, supposed descendant of the explorer Sir Francis Drake, as he seeks the lost treasure of El Dorado, with the help of journalist Elena Fisher and mentor Victor Sullivan.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

The narrative opens with a quote attributed to Marco Polo, "I did not tell half of what I saw, for I knew I would not be believed." The plot revolves around the doomed voyage home of Marco Polo from China in 1292. After spending almost 20 years in the court of the Mongol Emperor Kublai Khan, Marco Polo departed with fourteen ships and over six hundred passengers but when he arrived in Persia a year and a half later, only one ship and eighteen passengers remained. Polo never revealed what had happened to the lost ships.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Uncharted 3 sees protagonist Nathan Drake and mentor Victor Sullivan traveling around the world to places such as the Rub' al Khali desert, in search of the legendary lost city the Iram of the Pillars, which is mentioned in the Quran. Elena Fisher and Chloe Frazer also return in Uncharted 3. The plot draws from the archaeology days of T. E. Lawrence.Arne Meyer, Naughty Dog's community strategist stated that the "main theme of Uncharted 3 is 'finding the way'.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Uncharted: Golden Abyss is the fourth entry in the Uncharted series, and the first portable entry in the series. It is one of the first games released for the PlayStation Vita. It was developed by SCE Bend Studio, with development overseen by Naughty Dog.

To get this thread started:

What's your favorite Uncharted game?
Who's your favorite character?
Who's your favorite villain?
What's your favorite action sequence? (Uncharted 2 train sequence for example)
What do you want for Uncharted 4?

Last edited by Peep Show; 06-07-15 at 12:35.
Peep Show is offline   Reply With Quote