View Single Post
Old 06-06-19, 22:10   #159
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
That wouldn't work, mainly since TR1 has almost no human enemies and the Reboot's combat system is built for human foes.
Hence why I say a reimagining within the reboot era, and not a faithful remake of the original game.
Meaning:
  • Same plot about the Scion
  • Natla hires Lara to get it, like the original games.
  • Each piece is in the same locations as the original game
  • Everything else changed. Levels could be completely remade, but maybe adding some familiar places/some portions with a similar level design for nostalgia purposes
  • Expanded mythology, and documents explaining it, like they’ve done so far
  • Some story aspects changed and/or adapted to the reboot universe, like for example:

- some correlation to Trinity.

Trinity = tri = three = three siblings = three gods (Natla, Qualopec and Tihocan)

Maybe making them not dead in this iteration, and make them actually alive, and end bosses of each location
  • Obviously, the gameplay needs to br freshened up. Drop some stuff from the origin trilogy. Implement more classic elements under the survival lens. Actual secrets. Etc.

I think there were enough signs that indicate AT LEAST the possibility of the next game being a remake, or better yet, a reimagining of TR1. So that’s where my bet will be until we learn anything about it in two years, or so
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote