View Single Post
Old 06-04-20, 10:16   #8
mizuno_suisei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke217 View Post
Hey there, if I may do a small bump, I wanted to know how I would go about applying MOST of the features of this mod, but removing some. I saw page 7 of the original thread which showed the addresses of certain features, but I’m not even sure how to apply that information.

I pretty much want all the features of the “no grenade fix” version but with the camera tweaks removed entirely. I don’t really understand the camera feature since it stops the camera from pointing at enemies when lara aims her guns, which is only a downside as far as I can see.

Honestly the part of the mod that matters most to me is the climb up delay fix, so I’ll try to just change that one part of the hex.

Update: I've gotten the fast climb up patch to work with no other changes to the steam tomb4.exe, but I'm curious as to how I would go about adding in the revolver and uzi holster stuff?

I've seen some versions of the mod where it replaces all the data files in the TR4 installation, but supposedly it can also be done with hex editing?
You don't need to add the physical holsters for uzi/rev - they're already there. the engine just doesn't draw them.

The "Fix holsters" checkbox is the only checkbox you need and can then be hexed over to TR4.

For example, the only reason you'd need to edit individual level files to fix any bugs is, maybe to add a Strap texture to her legs for the holsters? they were oddly not present in TR4.

All other bugs (well, most) are fixable via TREP then hexed over

Last edited by mizuno_suisei; 06-04-20 at 10:18.
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote