View Single Post
Old 12-12-18, 22:01   #28440
Yuna´s Wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsott View Post
^I find this quite interesting, because my favourite part is the wilderness, right at the beginning. (And I never seen anyone mention it...)

I mean you are in a snowy forest at night, then someone shot a flare up to the sky. The snow gets tinted with red and blue, you can see the smoke's reflection on the snow, it's really beautiful.
The orrery is a little gem, if you play on high settings. The little star reflection on the walls just...wow.
Rise is a VERY beautiful game. There is a lot of love (and talent, and money) put into making it gorgeous. And I vividly picture your description in my mind because it was very well executed.

But I was rather founding my taste for the Flooded Archives and the Orrery in a gameplay perspective. There are many areas that look better than these, but in strict gameplay terms I think they are the best RotTR has to offer (along with the Prophet's Tomb).

One particular section that looks pretty impressive to me (but uninteresting gameplay wise) is during the way to the Flooded Archives. It happens at night, it's windy and it's raining. I almost feel I'm there with Lara. Too bad that the area is so lacking in everything but combat, though.
Yuna´s Wish is offline   Reply With Quote