View Single Post
Old 28-12-21, 08:44   #26
LateRaider
Professor

I've been further investigating Dreamfall's issues, and in fact through experimenting I've discovered how to fix the problems rebel47 and nik1983 were having a decade ago, with ZoŽ and Damien stuck walking in place during that cutscene. I'm not sure how helpful this will be for the Steam version due to its always-on DRM, but for the GOG and retail versions, you can:

1. Do as the PC Gaming Wiki says: Enable Compatibility with "Windows 98 / Windows Me" and "Run as administrator" in the properties of dreamfall.exe - (It's recommended to do this regardless of which of these solutions you choose.) This doesn't just fix the Windows 10 Boot Camp error, but this cutscene problem, too. In about 5-30 seconds, characters will eventually progress.

2. Lose focus of the game by either Alt+Tabbing in and out of the game, or pressing the Windows key and then clicking the app in the taskbar to resume gameplay.

3. Simply press Print Screen to kickstart the cutscene process again.

A lot of places have said to change graphics options before this cutscene, but pressing Print Screen is a much less intrusive option--especially for a streamer. I've added these solutions to the PC Gaming Wiki as well. Better late then never, I suppose.
Tomb Raider Forums member #54094 - Always late to the party

Last edited by LateRaider; 28-12-21 at 12:44.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote