View Single Post
Old 11-11-14, 16:40   #1000
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lwmte View Post
By the way, have you checked that TeslaRus finally enabled alternate (flipped) room support in TR5 engine?

Since ages, I believed that flipped room feature was absent from TR5 (as all documentation told so, plus Dxtre3d has no support for it as well), but it seems that there ARE flipped rooms in TR5 - best example is the room 52 (one next to gigantic wheel door) in Trajan's Markets - alternate room (176) is triggered by a flyby when Lara activates two pulleys on top.

However, I'm not sure about another thing. I know that original/flipped rooms share the same entities (i.e. if you have enemies, pushables, traps in original room, they'll move to flipped one). But does the original and flipped rooms share somehting else? Maybe doors? Because it seems that door leading back to alternate room from the room with a door itself (161) points to ORIGINAL room, not alternate! While original room have a wall instead of door at that place!

So, we have this strange set-up:

Room 52 does not lead to room 161 (one with the wheel door).
Room 161 LEADS to room 52, not 176.
Lara obviously goes to room 176 from room 161, not 52.

So, perhaps, doors are also shared between original and flipped room?
Great addition! I was not aware until now!

Just had a quick look at this and you're right. There does appear to be a difference with how alternate rooms for the older games are compared to TR5 (possibly TR4 as well).

Just looking at Trajan's markets it appears that:

ROOM52 has no portal leading to ROOM161.
ROOM176(ROOM52's alt) has the portal leading to ROOM161.
ROOM161 points back to ROOM52.

So I'm guessing the only way to overcome this would be to copy the missing portal from the alternate room?

Regards.
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote