View Single Post
Old 30-03-21, 22:22   #18203
SoraSakai
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
The 2018 script wasn't well received because they hired Alister Siddons for the re writting process to give a more vanill I mean serious flavour (by the way can we keep this awfull writter far away from this one ? )

Important question Sora :

Are you in the movie industry ? Do you have any valid connection with the movie industry ? Do you know how they proceed ?

GeekVibes have been the one talking about this movie because I think they are genuinely interested by how this turns out.
You don't see Grace Randolph or any persons working close to the movie industry saying their sources because this could black mailed those peoples it's simple.

They are a small website not a big one like for exemple Variety.
They were clearly impressed with Alister Siddons work. Again, it’s subjective. So you saying that kinda proves my point.

I helped with subtitling films, TV shows and variety of things (books, commercials and news articles). That being said, I don’t think that’s necessary.

Almost 90% of the “reports” from that website (in regards to Tomb Raider) have not turned out to be true. The user who writes the articles went dead silent the second it was announced Ben wouldn’t be directing Tomb Raider anymore. Which was something myself and a lot of people predicted. We didn’t need a “source” to figure that one out.

The only thing they’ve reported on that MIGHT be coming true is the fact that a woman of color might be cast in the film and even then, I’d say that’s just dumb luck.

Also keep in mind that they themselves literally said “If we were going to make up articles we would choose more popular IP’s to write about” (I’m paraphrasing) which is not something a respectable journalist would ever say ever. It’s insanely unprofessional and immediately sours any credibility their website could’ve had.

But anyway, I promise you they’re much further along in production than a “first draft submission”. Which is actually good. Me dismissing this news is a GOOD thing. This is actually me being optimistic. And you’ve always wanted me to be more positive
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote