View Single Post
Old 16-06-19, 01:35   #93
iWANEX
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Raider View Post
CD isn't giving me a cookie out of the goodness of their heart, they're developing a product to sell and make money.

When I criticizing their product, that doesn't make me entitled, and me expecting a product to be a certain way given how it was created and was for several years and feeling frustrated when it's been completely changed so they can appeal to an audience that hasn't been here since the beginning and hasn't made it what it was doesn't make me entitled.
That's exactly what it makes you. You are already implying that by supporting the franchise since the beginning you're entitled to more than the people who were not present. The sentiment that you're better/more worthy because of that is incredible entitled. And it's a very toxic attitude because by that logic, you would never be able to be a part of a fandom that's not completely new and you're suggesting that those new people (who in TR's case bring more money than the actual core fandom) should be taken less in consideration, which goes completely against any logical business decision.

There needs to be a middle ground in all cases and the devs and the studio need to better balance the franchise by giving us new and exciting mechanics, new stories, new layers to the character, etc, while also trying to give long time fans some cool nods, classic outfits and updated mechanics that would fit the current vision and that would also attract new costumers.

I truly feel like the Reboot era has been great so far (specially in the gameplay department) and I get the feeling that some more nods to the classics (like modernized outfits instead of tribal ones), a little more sarcastic humor for Lara and a more recognizable look (duals and a backpack) would've made the most vicious haters be more positive about it, because honestly, the gameplay has been really good, and the puzzles and tombs, specially in Shadow are top notch.
iWANEX is online now   Reply With Quote