Thread: TRViewer update
View Single Post
Old 19-09-16, 05:05   #15
sapper

TRViewer 1.083 revision 5h readme Sep 2016

I noticed that when a TR4 level was saved the number of unused textures actually increases even if you say "No" to keeping unused textures.
I found that unused room textures were saved always for TR4 levels.
I found that the sprites are added to the object textures and are counted as unused textures also.

If you said "Yes" to keep unused textures the unused room textures were added to the object textures possibly each time.
If you said "Yes" to keep unused textures the sprites were also added to the object textures each time.

So the number of unused textures increases rapidly if you opt to keep unused textures.
Using PixStr to check the textures showed some corruption of the added textures each cycle.

Saying "No" after many times saying "Yes" appeared to restore the textures but the object texture array still contained many more texture records and loading the file crashed TRViewer.

Revision 5h changes: (Note: only tested on TR4 levels)

-For TR4 levels unused room textures are no longer flagged as unused since they are not removed anyway.
-The sprites are no longer added to the object textures when a level is saved.
-The number of unused textures is written to the error log [levelname]_log.txt when a level is loaded.
-"Keep unused textures" dialog only shown if there are unused textures.

Compiled with Visual Studio 2013 CE so MicroSoft's VC++ 2013 redistributable may be needed.

Instructions:

Copy the exe to an existing TRViewer folder.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/62...r1083rev5h.zip
sapper is offline   Reply With Quote