View Single Post
Old 20-11-06, 16:42   #3
Uvavoo

Adding interest
We are now going to add a little more interest and add some columns.
First select a square (see pic below) and click on the WALL button

to create a column.

Again we need to draw out the texture lines as we did before, to divide the column into three. When we have done that we need to create another 3 columns.
An easy way to do this is to select the column we have just created and go to the Edit menu and select CUT. Now click on another square (see pic below for position) and select Edit/paste. A column will be created in that position with the texture lines already in position. Repeat this and texture the resulting columns until you have something like the pic below.

Texturing the floor
I have used a shortcut to texture the floor, namely the Texture Floor button. Simply select an appropriate texture and click the Texture Floor button.

Don't overuse this feature as it creates the infamous wallpaper effect. But in this case it is ok.

Adding interest to the ceiling
If you look carefully at the picture below. You will see I have raised the ceiling in certain squares to give it more interest.
Simply select the squares and click on the Ceiling + (plus) button twice.

Notice that as the ceiling has been raised only 2 squares, the 4x4 texture squares will not fit and you will get SQUASHED textures if you try to use whole textures.
There is a solution. If you right click on the textures and drag out the area you want you can get just half the texture square.

Apply the texture to the 2 unit areas. Right click to rotate the texture.

And finally texture the ceiling with textures of your choice.

Improving the columns
The more perceptive of you will have noticed (although it is difficult due to the choice of textures) that where the column intersects the 2 unit ceiling area, the texture lines are incorrect. We need to draw out another line from the ceiling.
A further line can be drawn out using the F key.

We can now retexture this bit correctly

This looks ok, but I changed my mind and decided on more eleborate textures for my columns.

Continued...

Last edited by Uvavoo; 21-11-06 at 13:52.