View Single Post
Old 02-03-21, 11:26   #4
Sat42
Hobbyist

Default TR4 FMV solution for GOG version on Windows 7

Sorry for double posting but I found a solution and figured it could help others!

What my setup is:
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 1300X Quad-Core 3.50 GHz
- RAM: 8 GB
- Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
- mouse and keyboard
- 5:4 1280x1024 monitor (best for old games )

I am using the GOG version of TR4, in fullscreen. By default it works perfectly EXCEPT

What the problem is: intermittent visual glitches in the (fullscreen) FMVs, which act to spoil the enjoyment rather than truly break anything.

What the solution is: if your setup is similar to mine, and you experience the same problem, then use the following link:
https://raidingtheglobe.com/download...-fixes-patches
and download that 4.45 MB fan fix - it contains new tomb4.exe and binkw32.dll files which you place into your TR4 installation folder (if you don't want to lose the original .exe and .dll files which came with the GOG installer, just rename them to something like tomb4_old.exe and binkw32_old.dll).

What side effect is there: the FMVs will loop until you press the Escape key! I actually like this "feature" as I usually derive enough enjoyment from Tomb Raider cinematics that I like to watch them twice at least

Hell yeah now I can play Tomb Raider - The Last Revelation in perfect conditions lol
Sat42 is offline   Reply With Quote