View Single Post
Old 01-11-21, 19:29   #1
Kurtis6

Cool Tomb Raider Chronicles HD Remaster

Hello Everyone!

This week I've started replaying Resident Evil Code Veronica, a well-received title that was developed exclusively for the SEGA Dreamcast by Capcom. They had a great relationship with SEGA and really exploited the hardware and showed to the public was a next-gen Resi Evil could be: A full 3D Survival horror instead of a fixed camera with 2D background.

So it got me thinking...

Core Design had also a great relationship with SEGA (the 1st TR was exclusive on the Saturn for a few weeks) and when the exclusivity clause ended with Sony, they ported TR IV and Chronicles for the SEGA DREAMCAST. Unfortunately, both titles didn't use the hardware full potential, it had only PC texture quality and lighting.

WHAT IF... moment!

What if... Tomb Raider Chronicles was exclusive for the SEGA Dreamcast and used it's full potential?

TRC with Shenmue like graphics... that would be cool! So I decided to materialize my vision.

This is a 1:1 remake for the 1st level of Tomb Raider Chronicles. The level design will be the same, but with 10x more detail, more geometry and textures. I got it playable (thanks URaider), and very soon you will be able to play it.
(I will remake the first level only)

A few WIP images.

Last edited by Kurtis6; 05-11-21 at 21:16.
Kurtis6 is offline   Reply With Quote