View Single Post
Old 26-12-19, 13:31   #15
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaviCroftREmix View Post
Ok so since we have the new tomb raiders I've seen you mod the definitive edition to pc which like you said this applies to meshes which generally crashes things if 2013 runs the same engine you used a patch to do so and with either DLC outfits or levels I feel like the game is size-based cause I played with your program gibbed unpacker and repack the game will crash if the two of the same Lara models are switched getting an error saying Corrupt CDRM if somehow the 2013 version is able to bypass this there has to be some code telling the game that any other file other than what is placed will result in crashing.

(whenever or when you want to is there a way to dump the error code from the game.)
It's nothing to do with the TR2013 Engine bypassing anything. Different engine versions have different file formats and semantics. Though similar, TRU's mesh format heavily relies on a relocation table where, as it's not as bad for TR2013. If you got a corrupt CDRM format error when swapping two models then you did something seriously wrong. The error in question doesn't tell you anything useful and without source code it's borderline impossible to debug. I don't believe checksums are used.

Cheers.
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote