View Single Post
Old 30-07-20, 14:56   #1
MrBear

Talking Dungeons & Dragons!

After making a thread about a D&D show, I realised that a thread for D&D itself has much better potential for a wider discussion, so here we are!

Carrying over a reply from the other thread to keep the ball rolling:

Quote:
Originally Posted by klona View Post
I'm currently getting into D&D! Heard about Critical Role but never bothered watching any videos. I'd rather play than watch someone play.
Oh, certainly, playing is always preferable, but for the people who don't have a group to play with, it's nice to have a show to follow instead! Or even just to watch while waiting for your next session

Quote:
Maybe we could all have a session one day.
That could be fun there are some great options for remote-play, like roll20.net. Although I doubt anything will beat sitting around the same table, it's a nice way to bring together folks from all over the world!
If there's any interest for this, feel free to express it here

At any rate, here's a place to talk about the awesomeness of TTRPGs. Are you playing at the moment? Are you a newbie looking to start? Got any questions? What's your favourite D&D encounter or story? Go forth and share it here!

One of my favourite memories was the time where a nobleman called Ulgor turned out to be a baddie and hurt us severely at our first meeting, leaving most of us unconscious with a Cone of Cold spell before fleeing from our reinforcements. Months later, we track him down in another city and corner him in the sewers, where our Half-Orc Sorcerer first counterspelled his attempt to escape with Teleport, and then finished him off with a Cone of Cold for some juicy poetic justice my friend was allowed to keep the Ulgor cardboard token as a trophy, which he still has lying around to this day
MrBear is offline   Reply With Quote