View Single Post
Old 04-10-16, 22:47   #744
gidierre
Grease Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
In v1.4, Alt+Enter no longer changes from fullscreen to windowed; it now switches between stretched 16:9 widescreen and pillarboxed 4:3
no, the patch is totally innocent here

but wait a minute
shall I infer by what you don't mention that fmv's are fine now??

for the Alt+Enter strange behavior:
curious regression
can't reproduce it myself

happy to be able to pinpoint that has definitely little to do with the installer or the v1.4 patch
I can tell it has much to do with one of these:
nGlide version not updated and/or gfx driver setting inappropriate (im my opinion that is, one is free to keep it like that, nothing "wrong" with it)

case 1
nGlide version has to be 1.05, if you have installer's v1.7.5 this addon is recommended during setup
you can still refuse it of course and use the Glide patch or nGlide below 1.05, but then Alt+Enter = kaput
if on that machine Alt+Enter isn't properly working, either installing v1.7.5 the option wasn't checked or it was and was lost (looks unlikely to me ) applying the 1.4 patch
simply try and install or reinstall nGlide v1.05 setup now, like a standalone application, I mean outside the installer, and it should enable Alt+Enter

2nd case
gfx settings, note this isn't mutually exclusive at all with the case 1 issue, they can coexist

the gfx driver properties panel may not be configured to go fullscreen and pillarboxed so it stretches the image (aspect ratio correction)
now I have no idea what the gfx adaptor is in this case, but certainly such a setting if buried deep must be available, sometimes keep aspect ratio or something to that effect is enabled by default sometimes not
I for one am not keen on a stretched output, for what it's worth, but to each his own

as you see, be it case 1 or 2 or that both are involved and in my opinion case 2 is my best guess, neither can possibly be installer/patch related that much, but I guess you'd be interested to know how I would address the issue if I had to.

Last edited by gidierre; 04-10-16 at 23:00.
gidierre is online now   Reply With Quote