View Single Post
Old 02-10-22, 04:33   #1
Xenomrph

Default Spooky movie month 2022

October is here, and you know what that means? SPOOKY MOVIE MONTH! What is Spooky Movie Month? It's where people celebrate spooky movies and watch a whole ton of them for the month of October!

Some people who celebrate Spooky Movie Month participate in the SPOOKY MOVIE MONTH CHALLENGE! What is that, you ask? That's where you watch (at least) 31 spooky movies in 31 days! I have been a participant for the past 6 or so years, and it's a good time.

Each year I like to do some kind of theme or "gimmick" to keep it interesting - last year I strictly watched movies I'd never seen before, the year before that I stuck to strictly movies I personally owned but hadn't watched the disc yet (even if I'd seen the movie before), and the year before that I played "blackout" on a randomized Spooky Movie Month bingo card I made.

I have a personal overriding rule that I can't watch the same movie twice in consecutive years, as well.

What constitutes a spooky movie? Does it have to be a horror movie?
NO! Spooky movies can be scary, but they don't have to be and don't need to fit the strict definition of horror movies, they just need to be spooky-themed in some way. Want to watch 'It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown', or 'Hocus Pocus', or 'A Nightmare Before Christmas'? Go nuts! The whole point of Spooky Movie Month is to have fun and watch and talk about spooky movies, make up your own rules and gimmicks and have a good time.

This year my theme is horror anthologies, I've already got them picked out but their order will be randomized each day so I don't actually know what I'll be watching day by day.

Let's talk about spooky movies! Got any ideas or suggestions? Themes or gimmicks? Favorite spooky movies you watch every year?
Xenomrph is offline   Reply With Quote