View Single Post
Old 02-06-15, 19:00   #589
gidierre
Grease Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsivour View Post
I cant find where the fov value is inside tomb.exe, I have experienced so many graphics changes but that :-(. If I guys tell you which sector zooms in or out Lara (which took me 3 weeks to find it out), will you help me find the fov sector?
gidierre, the values on the functions you posted to me didnt help me on my disassembling but thank you so much! Any help is good
well you see I quoted here that pcsx-reloaded stuff, because I guessed gte_accuracy.c contents namely that handful of functions could be helpful in a general way, not to mention that all the ps1 emulator things ought to be ported to glide wrapper usage

I also took due notice of Peixoto's subsequent somehow dismissive remark when he wrote: PC Tomb Raider only passes transform and lit polygons to the API. As the widescreen fix on PSXR works for every game, i suppose these games use a PSX API to transform polygons, unless it is a fix that reduces the vertical FOV instead of increasing the horizontal FOV. In any case, apply this fix to the PC version is useless, either it wont work or it will only reduce the vertical FOV
alrighty
all of that mostly in order to spare you pointless time expenditure if the horizontal fov isn't handled right anyway, though I'd gladly welcome some more words from Peixoto on this

let me add that addressing direct hex editing of an exe this way looks terribly hard, have you considered debugging dosbox ie using a dosbox.exe debug-enabled version to approach all the doggone stuff?
dosbox code is open, so is the glide patch (of course that'll be after you got a glimpse of where to start at)
in the past I've been using such a strategy myself, eg about the "missing shadow" issue, and I found it easier to (try to) come to grips with stuff.

Last edited by gidierre; 02-06-15 at 19:10.
gidierre is offline   Reply With Quote