View Single Post
Old 26-04-21, 14:41   #84
Arsunt
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
Hey there!

I'm new to this forum and I hope this is the right place to post my question regarding TR2Main ... if it isn't, I'm sorry and will delete my post

I've looked everywhere for a solution but couldn't find one so I'm trying my luck here (since this forum is quite active and you seem to be nice people )

I'm currently playing TR II's steam version with Arsunt's TR2Main. Everything is working perfectly, I'm honestly relieved because it wouldn't work any other way, but my question is: Is there any way to keep TR2Main's features while also using a language patch? German is my mother tongue and while I do understand English perfectly fine, I want to play the game in German due to nostalgia (I played it as a kid in German). I don't know how all of these patches etc. work in its core, but I know that TR2Main replaced the .exe so I'm not sure if a German patch could function simultaneously with TR2Main.

I'm thankful for every comment and suggestion etc.
Hey! Most localized things for TR2 are stored in
  • data/tombpc.dat - in-game text.
  • data/main.sfx - sound effects, "A-ha!" and "No." phrases.
  • audio/cdaudio.mp3 - music tracks, cutscenes audio and assault course voice lines.
  • data/*.pcx or pix/*.pcx or pix/16x9/*.png - pictures with some text.

tomb.exe normally stores just text for setup dialog box. There is no fast way to localize it right now, but I have plans to make it possible with no need to edit exe at all.