Thread: OCB code list
View Single Post
Old 11-02-07, 20:15   #6
Titak

Flame-emitters

The OCB of a FLAME-EMITTER can be set to create horizontal or vertical collumns of flames, either continously or at intervals. Excellent for traps!

The following information on how to set OCB's for such flames is by Arch.

I found a formula loong time ago that help in making such flames.
That's it if somebody is interested:

(-1) x [(lenght of the break in seconds) x (8) + (a number between 0 and 7)]

for the last number I found some problems but it should work like this:

0 - Shoots flames forwards*
1 - Shoots flames upwards
2 - Shoots flames forwards without breaks
3 - Shoots flames forwards*
4 - Shoots flames forwards*
5 - Shoots flames forwards*
6 - Shoots flames forwards*
7 - Shoots flames forwards without breaks starting straight from the wall the back of the null mesh is pointing at.

As you could read, despite the formula, numbers 2 and 7 always make bursts without breaks, so you can simply set the ocb to -2 and -7 to obtain these effects.

*Moreover numbers 0, 3, 4, 5, 6 seem to make the same effect, but actually it's a bit tricky thing.
If you try to add different values keeping the first part of the formula the same, you will obtain slight variation of the lenght of the break (anyway less than a second). I don't know what's the use of it. Maybe it's only for a better visual effect, to avoid overlapping of the flame-throwers (like two consecutive bursts that turn on and off at the same time). But, actually, I don't know. I hope somebody will clearify this aspect because I was not able to do it...

Example: (-1) x [(3) x (8) + (1)] = -25
Putting -25 in the OCB of a flame_emitter will result in a fire trap that shoots flames upwards and stops for 3 seconds

Last edited by Titak; 14-06-08 at 10:24.